Wordful Wednesday 411: Wordful Wednesday is like Wordless Wednesday, except WITH words. It’s for those of us that just cannot be wordless, no matter how much we try. Add my Wordful Wednesday badge to your post (right side bar under “WW”) if you really want to make me happy, and then add your post link to the linky below. Easy peasy.
We returned from a week long family vacation last week.
We drove to Utah from California (isn’t the desert gorgeous?) and spent a few days in Park City, a few days in the Salt Lake area, and a few days camping in Central Utah. It was so nice to get away!
Our trip started out in Park City. We rented a 2 bedroom condo in Newpark, which is a really cool shopping area right across the way from Olympic Park.
We could literally walk out the door from our condo and walk to grocery stores, retail stores, a bowling alley, movie theater and all kinds of fun shops. It is the best location for summer or winter since it’s located so close to shops and hiking and skiing.
Things to Do:
We had plenty of things to do to keep ourselves occupied while we were in Park City. We went:
- Bowling – the bowling alley was the nicest I’ve ever been to!
- White Water Rafting – this was the highlight of this leg of the trip for all of us. We rafted on the Weber river about 3o minutes from Park City, and it was so much fun! The rapids were only Class II, which of course is pretty tame for adventure seekers but was perfect for our family.
- To a Shabu Shabu Restaurant – we had never eaten at a hot pot restaurant before, and we adored it!
- To the Park Mountain Resorts – this is where they have the Alpine slides, coasters, chair lifts and zip lines that you always see in pictures. We ended up going on a day that threatened rain, but luckily the rain didn’t come until after we left in the late afternoon. We got day passes which are kind of pricey. If we had to do it again, I would just pay for single rides.
Park City is a really beautiful, well kept city, a place that I would highly recommend visiting! I can’t wait to share more of our family vacation in Salt Lake City and central Utah.
How is your summer going?
Have a Wordful post to share with us? Join us in our linky AFTER you check out Amanda’s Parenting By Dummies and these 4 awesome posts from last week’s linky! We pick our 4 faves every week to feature and it’s just our way of saying thanks for sharing your moments with us! Drum roll please….
- The argument of Why Buy ToysWhen They Will Play With Essentials Around the House is made on Modern Style Mama.
- Strawberry Picking always reminds me of summer and these pictures are a delight from Moments That Define Life.
- Sending our babies off to school is sometimes harder on mommy, right? Love this post about it from What Now and Why?
- Fun shots of a road trip Through a Lens and a Windshield at Stacy Uncorked.
- And because Chic Homeschool Mama takes amazing photos of doggies, I had to include this one.
Thanks for linking up! We love picking our weekly faves to feature!