Making Ombre Tissue Paper Flowers as a Craft are easy as 1-2-3 with this DIY tutorial! They are even easier to make than tissue paper balls, and making them in ombre colors is SO in right now! All you need is tissue paper, scissors, pencil, plain sheet of paper and a stapler.
- 4-6 packages of tissue paper in complimentary shades
- Plain sheet of paper (to make template)
Instructions for Making Tissue Paper Flowers
- To make the template: use a plain white piece of copy paper, fold it on the diagonal to make a square. Trim the excess edge off. Fold the paper in half again (it is now in four folds). Use a pencil to free hand draw a scallop edge. Note: it does not have to be perfect, you won’t notice once you assemble the flowers. Using scissors cut along the scallop. Voila! You now have a template.
- Cut each shade of tissue paper into 7″X7″ squares. Note: You need 6-8 square sheets per flower.
- Fold each flower stack of 7″x7″ squares in half and then half again. Lay your template (still folded up) on top of your tissue paper and cut along the scallop. Once again, it does not have to be perfect.
- Once you have cut the tissue paper, unfold it and place two staples in the center. Follow this process for each flower.
- Pull up the top layer of tissue paper and gently squeeze it together and crimp the base of it near the staple. Do the same thing with the remaining layers except the last layer. This will be the base of the flower.
- Once you have finished this process with all of the flowers you can display them as a beautiful centerpiece.
- After your party you can use them as beautiful present toppers.
Assemble the Flowers
I arranged my tissue paper flowers in an ombre pattern to display as a beautiful centerpiece. I was inspired by this post.
And that’s how I made an easy peasy DIY Tissue Paper Flower Centerpice that’s perfect to make with the kids and will be a perfect accent for your next celebration. Happy Crafting!