that screw

So we’ve had choking instances before with the kids, but the one last night really scared me. I heard Jeff ask Juanie (that would be John) what he had in his mouth and then I heard Juannie start to cry then choke. I KNEW it had to be a screw since Jeff was hanging doors and stealing screws would be a trick that would be right up the twins alley. So I started freaking out inside because I knew the screws had sharp ends. Jeff started finger swiping his mouth, but the screw had been swallowed, but was still causing John pain and was blocking his airway. Jeff finally had to stick his finger down Johns throat to get him to vomit. Thank goodness he was home because it was really scary and if that screw had punctured or cut inside his throat I don’t know what I would have done. Another disaster diverted. I don’t know why we’ve been so lucky, but I’m thankful.

Comments

  1. 1

    Laura says

    Oh my! Never a dull moment there. It is so hard to keep everything out of their reach (even still). I am sooo glad he/is was o.k. Poor mommy!

  2. 2

    Kristin says

    Ella threw up yesterday, and in the huge puddle was a rock. I wondered, did she swallow it, or just drop it in the vomit?…I’m not a very good ‘watcher’ I’m afraid, but even if I were, I’m sure she’d slip something past me. Glad John’s okay.

  3. 4

    Doug & Stacy Fournier says

    wow, that is scary! kaylee choked on a piece of hamburger one time and passed out! i was scared to death. i was trying to hold her and talk to 911 at the same time as i was home alone! i’m glad he is ok. i always worry about things like that too.

  4. 5

    Casey's trio says

    Thank God it came up. So scary… we’ve never had a choking incident, but it is one of the things that really scares me. The girls like to put their little hair clips in their mouths. Yikes..

    Changed my post name– don’t know if it’s a keeper though.

  5. 7

    hi my name is mommy says

    omg…how did I miss this post? That is too scary. My husband is a contractor so naturally he has screws hanging out in the most unlikely places. Don’t you wonder why they chose these types of things to put in their mouths? Asjia found someones cigarette butt in a parking lot the other day and it somehow slipped past me…ughhhhhhhhh I felt like the one who needed to vomit!

  6. 8

    familyof6 says

    How scary! Choking is a worry of mine all the time. I am so afraid the twins are going to get a hold of some small toy of Bri’s, barbie shoes, or something like that. We are always warning her about picking up her toys. But somehow my girls manage to find all kinds of things on the floor to put in their mouths!
    Glad John is o.k.!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *