Making a St. Patrick’s Day Craft that is useful, pretty and decorative is easy as 1-2-3 with this DIY St. Patrick’s Day LUCKY Banner! You might already have all of the materials on-hand, it’s super inexpensive, and I guarantee it’ll bring a smile to your face. The best part is that you can make it in under 30 minutes. Get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day with this fun banner!
- Patterned Fabric
- Gold Vinyl
- Hot Glue Gun
Instructions for Making LUCKY Vinyl Letters
- Use a die cut machine to make your letters (I used my Silhouette). For the letters LUCKY I chose the Monotype Corsiva font with a text size of 350.0. Cut the letters on premium gold vinyl.
- Make your own flag templates in two different sizes from regular printer paper or even notebook paper. Simply fold the paper in half lengthwise and draw a diagonal line, cut and voila you have a triangle. Make sure you have two different sizes that are approximately 1 inch difference.
- Using the smaller triangle pattern trace and cut out 5 pieces on the patterned fabric. Use the larger flag for the burlap.
- Tip: Iron fabric pieces so they lay flat.
Assemble the Banner
- Use your hot glue gun to adhere the patterned fabric to the burlap.
- Peel the backing off of the vinyl letters to adhere to the flag.
- Hot glue trim to the top of the flags. Voila! Your banner is now ready to hang and enjoy!
And that’s how I made an easy peasy DIY Burlap LUCKY Banner that’s the perfect accent for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Happy Crafting!