Homemade soap is easy to make, relatively inexpensive, and a fabulous homemade gift. I decided to make an almond scented-oatmeal-goats-milk soap because it’s a soap with moisturizing and exfoliating properties and it smells delicious and looks beautiful. It’s the perfect soap! Plus, now that I’ve made just about every scent of sugar scrubs I could think of, I had to move on to something else, right?
Homemade Oatmeal Soap
Homemade Oatmeal soap is a great choice to make because it:
- Smells great – you can choose how mild or strong you want the scent depending upon the amount of scent you add to your mixture!
- Gently Exfoliates
- Is Easy to Make
- Looks Lovely
- Is a Fabulous Homemade Gift
Oatmeal Soap Recipe
- Place 8 cubes of Goat’s Milk Soap Suspension Formula in microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave approximately 1-1/2 minutes on high. (I used a 40% off coupon at Michael’s so I paid $6.00 for the pack) Tip: It melts evenly if you use a knife to cut the individual cubes instead of leaving it in a block.
- Add approximately 40 drops of sweet almond oil soap extract (I purchased at Michaels for $2.99). This is about a 6:1 ratio. 5 drops of oil for 1 cube of soap. If you like a stronger scent, I’d use more drops of oil.
- Add 1/4 cup oatmeal that has been lightly blended in blender to make grains smaller.
- Mix ingredients in microwave safe bowl and pour into soap molds (I got mine at Michaels for $1.99). This recipe fills two square molds and makes 2 nice sized bars of soap.
I used bakers twine and paper flowers to decorate my bars of soap. They look really cute wrapped in parchment paper too. I figured out that each bar of soap costs about $1.25 – $1.50 to make.
Other Homemade Scrub Recipes