I wish I had know about sooner:
1. Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!
2. Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
3. Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.
4. To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up.
5. Expanding Frosting. When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less sugar and calories per serving
6. Reheating refrigerated bread. To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
7. No More Mosquitoes. Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.