Collective Bias and Elmer’s (as in Elmer’s glue) have joined forces in order to help families in need as the next school year approaches and I couldn’t be happier to be involved in the movement. “Bag It Forward” provided my family with the opportunity to help another family collect school supplies for their children, and it couldn’t have been easier. While I was buying school supplies for my children, I just grabbed a few extra with the intent to donate to someone in need. It didn’t “cost” me any extra time, made me feel good about doing something positive for someone else, and provided my children with the opportunity to learn an important lesson. We can help make the difference in others lives without much effort, and it feels pretty darn good.
If you are looking for a way to give back, why not “Bag It Forward” too? It’s painless and oh-so-rewarding!
If you don’t have the means, why not help virtually?
The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward is charity blog meme, bloggers are able to raise $10 per blog post for Adopt-A-Classroom by writing a blog post and donating a virtual bag of school supplies . Elmer’s will donate $10 per each post written to Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward and by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom.
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 12 PM EST on August 12, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text into your blog post:
ELMER’S VIRTUAL BAG IT FORWARD RULES
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by August 12, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.
Here is the photo you can use for your virtual bag or create your own!
Read more about Adopt-A-Classroom
I’m giving a virtual bag of school supplies to:
Laura of Better in Bulk
Amanda at Parenting by Dummies
Francesca at SITS
Kathy at Mama Kat’s Losin’ It
Jill at Scary Mommy
In the spirit of disclosure, I should tell you that Collective Bias provided me with money to help buy supplies for the “real” Bag It Forward but that’s not why I participated. I participated because it’s for a cause I feel strongly about. Additionally, it felt great to spend my own money as well as theirs on school supplies for another family.