How to Make this Edible Bird’s Nest Recipe is a snap. It’s similar to rice krispie treats but uses chow mein noodles instead. So, you know just how easy they are to make. Bake at 350 has this simple recipe I was inspired by and changed things up a tad and added some fun Easter sprinkles. There’s no better way to welcome spring than with a fun treat, right?
Edible Bird’s Nest
- 3½ cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 cups Chow Mein Noodles
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Easter Sprinkles
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. When butter is almost melted add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and chow mein noodles.
- Tip: Rub a small amount of Crisco onto your hands so that the mixture won't stick when forming the nests.
- Take a golf ball sized portion of the mix, gently press into a muffin cup, use your fingers to push down the center to make a recessed bowl.
- Add sprinkles. (If you add the sprinkles to the mix they will melt so add after you've shaped the nests.)
- Add mini Cadbury eggs.
How To Make the Nests
A muffin pan is perfect for shaping the nests. Simply spray with Pam or other non-stick spray so they won’t stick to the pan.