Making a Valentine’s Day Craft that is useful, pretty and decorative is easy as 1-2-3 with this DIY Pom Pom Garland! Most people have all of the materials on-hand, it’s super inexpensive, and I guarantee it’ll bring a smile to your face. The best part is that it doesn’t take long to make and it’s absolutely kid friendly. Get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day with this fun garland!
- White Yarn
- Red Yarn
Instructions for Making Pom Poms
- Depending on the size or diameter that you want your pom pom depends on how many fingers you use. I used four fingers and wrapped the yarn around them 30 times. (If you want a fuller pom pom then wrap more.) When done cut the yarn. Tip: If you use a thicker yarn you won’t have to use as much.
- Cut a piece of yarn about 6 inches long.
- Carefully remove the yarn from your hand and place over the 6 inch piece of yarn. Tightly tie the 6″ piece of yarn around the yarn wrapped around your hand.
- Snip all of the loops and any excessively long strands.
- Voila, any easy peasy pom pom.
Assemble the Garland
I assembled the banner by threading baker’s twine through each pom pom. No gluing is necessary.
And that’s how I made an easy peasy DIY Pom Pom Garland that’s perfect to make with the kids and will be a perfect accent for your Valentine’s Day celebration. Happy Crafting!