Flower Crowns make the best summer and spring photo props ever. I’ve fallen in love with how flower crowns look in braided and wavy hair and so I had to make one. Surprisingly, they are easier to make than you’d imagine, and the best part is that they are completely customizable. When you make the DIY Flower Crown, YOU pick the flowers, and you custom fit the crown. It’s a win/win. Here’s how.
DIY Flower Crown
Flower Crown Supplies:
- Silk Flowers (my stem came from Michael’s for $4.99)
- Green stem wire (I got a pack of 12 at Michael’s for $1.99)
- Green floral tape (Michael’s, around a buck)
- Wire cutters
Instructions for Making a DIY Flower Crown:
1. Get two pieces of stem wire and twist together two ends to make one long piece. Then, measure around head and twist those ends together to make crown. Cover ends with floral tape so you don’t have exposed pokey wire ends on your crown.
2. Cut sections of bloom with wire cutters. I chose to cut about 4-5″ sections because that made the most sense with my flower choice.
3. Start attaching the flowers to the crown by twisting round the wire and attaching with floral tape. Add new sections of flowers until you are satisfied with your results! I staggered mine by about an inch each time.