Making a Deer Silhouette Pillow is a DIY craft that is super easy, inexpensive and perfect for the holidays! This DIY pillow is a fabulous way to redecorate an accent pillow that you already have at home. All it takes is cutting out a deer head silhouette and painting. Eventually you will have a festive accent pillow that you can have fun displaying. You can even add a pom pom for a nose. Try sewing your own pillow slip cover from leftover fabric instead of purchasing one.
- Plain Pillow Case (I got mine from Hobby Lobby, it’s similar to drop cloth fabric.)
- Fabric Medium
- Metallic Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Deer Head Stencil
- Painter’s Tape
- Small Red Pom Pom
Instructions for Making a Deer Head Stencil
- Choose the deer head silhouette of your preference. I chose one by Pebbles in My Pocket.
- Enlarge the silhouette shape to the desired size. I enlarged to the entire page size.
- Cut shape on white card stock or on vinyl. (I used white card stock.)
- Using painter’s tape, tape stencil to fabric pillow case.
- Mix two parts metallic paint to 1 part fabric medium in a bowl.
- Brush paint onto fabric.
- Let dry.
- If desired, hot glue a red pom pom to the silhouette for a nose.
And that’s how I made an easy peasy DIY Deer Silhouette Pillow that’s the perfect accent piece for the holiday season!