Making a Valentine’s Day Craft that is useful, pretty and decorative is easy as 1-2-3 with this DIY Burlap LOVE Banner! Most people have all of the materials on-hand, it’s super inexpensive, and I guarantee it’ll bring a smile to your face. The best part is that it doesn’t take long to make and it’s absolutely kid friendly. Get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day with this fun banner!
- Red craft paint
- Paint brush
- Red glitter
- Miniature clothespins
- LOVE templates
Instructions for Making LOVE Templates
- Use a die cut machine to make your letter templates (I used my Silhouette). For the letters LOV I chose the Gabriola font with a text size of 450.0. Cut the letters on white card stock. I used a heart for the letter O. If you already have a heart die cut you could use that or free hand it like I did.
- Purchase pre-cut burlap flags or make your own.
- Lay template over flag.
- Use sponge or paint brush to paint inside the template.
- Don’t wait for the paint to dry. Immediately pour glitter over the fresh paint.
- Carefully remove template. When the paint is dry you can shake off excess glitter.
Assemble the Banner
I assembled the banner by using mini clothespins. No gluing is necessary. Simply attach the flags to a strand of twine with the clothespins. Voila!
And that’s how I made an easy peasy DIY Burlap LOVE Banner that’s perfect to make with the kids and will be a perfect accent for your Valentine’s Day celebration. Happy Crafting!