Tips for making your Christmas Tree decorating day a success:
1. Don’t take someone’s word for it that the base of the tree is cut evenly. Check yourself.
2. If your tree takes 2 hours to get to stand up straight and then it still begins to lean, do not proceed. Take Tree out to stand and cut the base level.
3. If you did happen to already decorate it, and then it falls, don’t dispair. It can be fixed.
4. Just take every blasted ornament off the tree, and remove the lights. Take the tree out of the stand, clean up the spilled water. Re-level the base. AND START OVER.
5. Once your tree is level, stable, decorated and in it’s splendor, keep your kids away from it.
6. I’m convinced trees DO not like to be redecorated no less than 51.5 times a day.
And now you know why I’m a humbug.