How to Make this Easy Brownie Toffee Trifle Recipe is really easy. It’s actually really quick, too, once you’ve done the prep work of baking and cooling the brownies and making the pudding. It tastes so delicious that my trifle dish is always spooned clean. The recipe serves 15-18, so it’s great for largish gatherings and chocolate lovers are going to be coming back for seconds. Just you wait and see. If you like brownies and toffee, you are going LOVE this dessert!
- Boxed Fudge Brownie Mix (plus eggs, oil and water)
- 5.9 oz box of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (plus 3 cups of milk to make pudding)
- 1 bag of Toffee Bits (8 oz)
- 2 containers of Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips and strawberries for garnish
- Prepare Brownie Mix as directed on Box. Allow to cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- While Brownies are cooking, prepare pudding as directed on box. Refrigerate.
- Trifle Assembly: Layer half of brownie squares in trifle bowl. Pour half of pudding over brownies. Top with half a bag of toffee bits and half cup of chocolate chips. Add 8 oz. of whipped topping. Repeat layers.
- Garnish with remaining semi sweet chocolate chips and sliced strawberries.
The prep time is really only about 15 minutes….the thing that takes the longest is letting the brownies cool before you assemble the trifle.