How to make homemade popcorn is easier than you make think with this recipe. Now, it IS a little more work to make homemade popcorn than the microwave popcorn, but well worth it. It’s not full of preservatives and artificial ingredients and it’s low in fat. Plus, my kids love it way more than even movie theater popcorn!
- Popcorn Kernels (Orville Redenbacher or Jiffy)
- Vegetable Oil or Popcorn Oil
- Sea Salt
1. On medium to high heat add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to bottom of pot (enough to almost cover the bottom). Add 4-5 kernels to the pot. Cover with lid. Once the kernels have popped you know your oil is hot enough to add the remaining kernels.
2. Add approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels to the oil (enough to cover the oil). Make sure they are in a single layer. You can shake the pot to evenly distribute. Cover with lid.
3. A few minutes is all it takes for the popcorn to pop. Shake the pan every so often so it doesn’t burn on the bottom. Your popcorn will end up light and fluffy.
4. Lightly salt with sea salt (or regular table salt) and drizzle approximately 1/2-1 tablespoon of melted butter.