My first born is getting ready to go to junior high. I think she’s ready, and I’m confident she’ll be able to handle it.
I’m not ready though. I’m still in denial.
Grace has so many wonderful qualities, and one of them is the ability to discern right from wrong. If she continues to make choices that are not harmful to her or those around her, I can only see amazing things for her in her future, and that makes this mama really, really happy and hopeful. I love so many things about her, but here are my top 5.
5 Things I Love About My First Born:
1. She’s diplomatic ~ She actually cares about peoples feelings and takes this into consideration when answering questions.
2. She’s got a good heart and is willing to share ~ I can’t count the number of times she’s been asked by her siblings for something that I know I wouldn’t have wanted to share and she did. For no other reason than to be kind.
3. She’s a good example ~ it’s not easy being the oldest and she consistently shows her siblings in words and deeds ways that are appropriate to emulate.
4. She gives her all ~ she’s always given friendships, projects, subjects in school, everything she’s involved in 100%. She makes me proud.
5. Family is important to her ~ at an age when it’s common for kids to begin to distance themselves from their families, she still loves us and turns to us and I can’t tell you how much I love, appreciate and count myself blessed to have a daughter that realizes that the support and love of her family is important.
I heart all of my children, but today I wanted to list 5 things I heart about my first born. I swear. I’m going to blink and she’ll be in college.
Are lists your thing? Then you’ll definitely want to participate with Nicole each week with her Listable Life Link Up!